Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy, hot, and tired




My sister visited this weekend and we had a very busy time. We did a lot of eating out, gambled in Oklahoma (with no success), went to Silver Dollar City and to the outlet mall. Yesterday was really hot at SDC but we had a good time. And Josie managed to go all day in her carrier without having an accident. She's such a good girl. Except that she learned to climb out of the x-pen so now she can't be left unattended in the pen while we leave the house. Jackie left after lunch today and Jerry had an out of town football game and is not back yet so I have just been hanging out in the house, relaxing with the dogs. It's like 90 here. I think we will not do too much the rest of the day and just spend some time recovering before another hot week! Only 2 weeks left before the obedience trial though. I don't know that Zodiac will be truly ready for Utility by then but I think I will still let him show just to get the experience and see how much more work I have to do. He is also entered in Rally both days for RAE legs and Legend is entered in Rally Saturday and Novice B Reg on Sunday. Should be a busy weekend.

5 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Love the second picture of both of the dogs in the pool! Cute, cute, cute! Sadie won't let Bailey in the pool, well, he won't go in the pool anyways!
Sounds like you will have a very busy next couple weeks!

Sue said...

I remember when my pups learned to climb out of the pen. It certainly made life more complicated.

Sounds like a busy show schedule. We're starting to gear up for the Rally trial in October. Fudge remembers most of it.

Paint Girl said...

Hey Nicki, I have something for you over at my blog!

nancy rip said...

Are you headed to the Jeff City and Sedalia trials over the 4th? If so, I will see you there. Otherwise good luck.

Nicki said...

Yes Nancy we are headed to Sedalia-see you there. My friend and her JRT will be showing in Rally for the first time as well-should be a busy weekend.