Friday, March 16, 2012

Four Months

Not to jinx anything, but tomorrow will be 4 months since Legend's last seizure!  So far, so good!

In other news, good weather continues and we got in another agility practice tonight.  Lyric is doing great with 6 poles but not having much patience getting through all 12 when she knows the treats are at the end.  But that's why they call it proofing I guess  Her teeter work seems to be going well but the real test will be at a trial.

Legend did some great distance and discrimination work.  Her poles were much better today and yesterday.  She popped out some, but seemed to be only with the manners minder-too easy to just skip out and go to the treat I guess.  When she had to wait for a ball or the poles were in a part of the sequence it was much better.

Since my schedule suddenly freed up tomorrow morning we decided to run a 5k in the morning.  Assuming it's not raining.  I'm interested to see in my 5k time is any faster after all this running.  I'm not sure if it will be since we've just mostly been doing slow endurance work.  Speaking of endurance training, I've run as far as 11.25 miles so far.  I'd like to try and get in a 12 mile before we leave next week.  We'll see.

2 comments:

Melinda Wichmann said...

Wow, your running is amazing. I am so NOT a runner and totally impressed by people who are. I think I could do 12 miles on a bike or a horse . . . or in a car. ( :

Hugs to Legend. ( :

Diana said...

Yea for no seizures!!!