Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 8: Nationals Rounds 1 & 2

Legend had a fantastic run in JWW this morning for our first clean run at nationals!  Everything was beautiful and she was almost 10 seconds under time.  That's about as good as she can do, and a great place to do it! it would be nice if they gave out fancier ribbons for clean runs but we'll take what we can get.  So where did her best effort place her?  Are you ready for this.........123rd place!  I know, super exciting right?  That's about halfway through the class (more towards the end of the clean runs) which is just about par for her.  We were about 7 seconds behind first place.  Good enough for me, we just wanted to do our best.

Several hours later we ran standard-I was dog #215 out of 267 20 inchers in this round.  Again she put forth a solid effort running right at or slightly better than average pace for her.  She nailed her poles and did all her contacts but took a crazy off course.  I could not have predicted that one.  I'm not sure what she was thinking but she actually made a hard turn away from me instead of coming with me on the natural curve of the course.  Oh well. Also you will see in the video my getting confused between the tunnel and the teeter.  I had planned a front cross there but forgot what I was doing. Then she took a really wide turn in the corner on her way to the dogwalk.  Best I can tell her cumulative score puts her at around 116th place.  We still have one round to run tomorrow.
JWW

Standard

In our hours of free time today we watched a lot of the 8 inch class to size up some up Lyric's possible future competition.  There are some super fast little dogs out there.  Some were as fast as some of the better border collies.  It was pretty amazing.  Lyric has her work cut out for her if she wants to compete with those guys!  But it make me anxious to get her to the point of qualifying for nationals and giving it a shot!  Maybe in 2 years, of if we are really lucky next year!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Well done!!!!

Team HeroDogs said...

Awesome effort!

Karissa said...

On a good note, her weaves were really super lovely in that standard run! Bummer about the off course!!