Thursday, August 13, 2009

A living memorial


The girls at work gave me this lovely purple smoke tree to plant in memory of Oreo-they all know how much I love purple and tried to find a plant in that color. I thought it was really sweet and a perfect tree for the yard. We had a wooden wishing well in the front near the driveway that had seen better days and this was the perfect thing to take it's place.
Zodiac and Legend got bathed and groomed today (by me, don't think it was any fancy spa day or anything!). They look, smell, and feel so much better. I did empty the pool for the night though as I did not want them swimming just yet-I'd like to have them clean for a day or two anyway.
They also worked well tonight. Zodiac did a perfect directed jumping exercise and pretty good on articles. Struggled some with signals and gloves. Legend is working on taking the close obstacle unless given an obvious signal/command to move away and take the layered obstacle. Also working on contacts and appropriate times for speed and control.

4 comments:

TC said...

That is a good idea a living memorial. I'm still reminded of Mugsey every time I look @ the yard pond, he thought it was his personal cooling off tub, why else would silly humans have put water so close to the back door?

Jean in Georgia said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Oreo. How sweet for someone to give you a living memorial to such a spirit! I've always said that the only problem with dogs is that they just don't live long enough...

Sara said...

That was really sweet of your co-workers to put so much thought into finding the perfect memorial for Oreo. It's beautiful.

Chris and Ricky said...

What a great memorial to Oreo!