Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oreo's Legacy

When I got to thinking about all the ways Oreo changed my life I realized how far reaching the ripple effect really was...

Without Oreo I would not have a room that looked like this
I wouldn't have all of this stuff
...or this stuff...
I would not have gotten into obedience or agility, which means I would not have met Ann or Marcia or all our friends at Teacher's Pet in Columbia. If I had not gone there I would also not be involved in Pet Therapy.
I would not have gotten into Border Collies, which means I would not have these two goobers
And I would not have spent every fall since 2002 at the Border Collie National Specialty. Which means I would not have met Cheri-who got me involved with MOKAN and all the great folks in that organization.
She also introduced me to Valeri and all our friends at Paws Express Agility here in Springfield.
I would not have run in the Dog Jog, been to the Canine Olympics, the Show-me Games, or countless other dog events.
I guess in reality some of that stuff may have still happened, but it happened the way it did because of Oreo. So I know you're out playing ball right now, but thanks Buddy...

8 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

our first dogs give us so much.
great post.

TC said...

Nicki my heart goes out to you. We lost our Mugsey (golden lab) Thursday the 30th, he was hit by a car on the 24th of July. He was @ the vets and we had hoped he would get better but was just getting worse.
I'm glad you can think of all the good things Oreo gave you. I can talk about Mugsey without crying now. They do add so much to our lives.

Sara said...

What wonderful gifts Oreo gave you! Amazing what he started...Oreo led the way, and look at all the great places and people he led you to! What a dog.

Sue said...

And it goes on..... without you being involved in those things and pushing me I wouldn't have gotten Fudge involved in rally and certainly wouldn't have started blogging and made some terrific friends.

Diana said...

Dogs really dog change lives. How sweet. Diana

Natalie Rush said...

Great posts!! Jackjack is my first pup and he's changed my life so much! It's amazing how deep and wide their effect on you is!!

I posted your intro on the main DOT blog!!

gMarie said...

What a wonderful post in Oreo's memory. Nice to "meet" you. g

CK said...

That is a great tribute to Oreo. Bradley is the dog that got me into all the agility and dog training.