Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Look what came today


The new doggie pool! I decided to upgrade from the cheap wal-mart pools this year and ordered this out of a catalog but it has been on back order. It has a drain so you don't have to risk putting a crack in it every time you dump the nasty water. Plus it folds for storage so it won't get ruined staying out in the yard all winter. The dogs were going to get a bath this afternoon since they are kind of yucky from hiking, but we had to wait a bit so we could try out the new pool. Legend of course thought it was great And Zodiac enjoyed taking a cool dip.





Sunday we went to the fair. It was hot but we did get to see some fun stuff. Mutton busting was definitely worth watching. If you are not familiar with this sport it's where they plop a small child on a sheep and turn the sheep loose in a pen where it runs and bucks until said child falls off in the dirt. Pretty funny and the kids look like they are having a good time. We also got to see some Dock Diving. The more I watch Legend play in the water the more I think she might like to try this so are looking forward to giving it a shot next time we get a chance.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Mutton busting sounds hysterical.

I know some of my teacher's border collies like to jump off their dock into the pond.

Chris and Ricky said...

That pool looks great! Mom wishes I would get in my little one to cool off!

Elizabeth said...

Dock Diving is a blast. All of my labs took to it naturally... Chuck a ball in the water and watch them go..

Diana said...

The pool looks like fun. Diana

Paint Girl said...

Looks like the dogs really enjoy their new pool!! I wish I could get Sadie to lay all the way down in her pool, she'd feel so much better!
I love mutton busting! It is fun to watch!

TC said...

I think I would have liked to mutton bust when I was a kid. My dog hates water, unless he is clean and it's muddy of course.

Sue said...

Our pup Gracie does dock diving and took second place in her first competition. She loves it.

Nicki said...

Sue, you should bring some of yours next time it's local! We'll get a group together!