Saturday, September 26, 2009

GSLAC Day 1

So first of all I got there way too early. The trial was running slow, there were a zillion walk throughs and big dogs were running last. So after waiting all morning I finally got to my runs in the afternoon. Both courses I thought were fun and doable. In standard we had a nice run except...there was a jump right in the dog's line of vision as they came out of the chute, but this was an off course, they were supposed to curl to the left and take the tire. Legend took the off course (which I suspected may be an issue), then another jump (which stopped the timer) and then put 2 feet on the teeter (which was correct) and changed her mind and jumped off. The rest was great. I was bummed that we didn't get a time because I wanted to know how fast she was running. I'm also wondering what's up with the teeter. She intermittently decides to not do or bail off teeters in trials. She's never had any fear of the teeter or a bad experience, maybe she just doesn't like that they are all a little different. We will have to work the teeter more at home, maybe I can adjust the tension so it falls at different speeds.



Jumpers started out slow for the first few obstacles-which is pretty much her M.O. on any course (still trying to figure out how to fix that or why she does it to make fixing it easier). Thus she didn't have much momemtum going into the weaves (obstacle 4 in a twisty opening) and petered out towards the end and didn't do them all correctly. The rest was nice-clean, turns were a little wide and parts could have been faster, but overall a nice run. Maybe tomorrow we can pull it all together!



No off course tunnels today though!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Good luck today. Diana

Sara said...

Good luck today. Maybe someday we'll be able to answer all our, "Why does my dog do that?" questions. LOL.

Chris and Ricky said...

When you figure out how to speed up Legend at the beginning of the course, let my mom know! I have that problem and we just haven't solved it yet!

Good luck today!