Monday, September 21, 2009

Training

OK, so I did get up and work the dogs yesterday. First I worked Legend in Obedience-we will be trying for that last CD leg here in about a month. I did make her do longer stays than usual since my intention is to work on Open when we finish with our CD. I forgot how boring practicing a 5 minute down stay really is. Anyway, she did pretty good. She had a decent agility practice as well but was starting to get hot-it was really humid yesterday.

Zodiac worked on signals-good and directed jumping. His go-outs were nice and straight-no target needed and his jumping was much improved. Not totally normal but acceptable. I think the Rimadyl must be helping. He was even doing some pretty hard tugging with Legend the other day. Then we cooled off for a bit and did a couple pretty long tracks. Overall it turned into a pretty productive day.

I also took the new header picture yesterday. I like it, but it doesn't seem as crisp as when I was looking at it in the photo editing program. Maybe it's my imagination but either way I'm just not totally pleased with it. I like the way the dogs look, just not the quality of the photo. Maybe it's the lighting. I'll leave it until I get a better one I guess. It's more reflective of the time of year anyway.

One of my Clematis is blooming. The other one died. Guess I will have to get another one next year. Why is it so hard to grow plants?

6 comments:

Sue said...

Don't give up on the clematis yet. The first year I planted mine I made a mistake and cut it down to the ground. I was really upset with myself, but it came back from the root the next year. If the root is still alive, it should come back.

Elizabeth said...

Love the new header picture!!

Sara said...

I love the new header photo. I'm glad you left Oreo's photo on the sidebar though.

Plants are finicky.

Nicki said...

Sue-I'll leave the plant alone and see if it comes back

Sara-it was hard to change photos but I figured eventually I'd want something more current. I'd never take down all his pictures though. He will always be a part of "Borderblog" !

Paint Girl said...

I like the new header! The dogs look beautiful!! I wish I could get my two to actually lay down next to each other to get a picture! Yeah, not going to happen. Too much energy.

Diana said...

I think the header picture is very nice. Diana