Saturday, March 7, 2009

A little more spring


It's balmy again today-about 70 degrees, but cloudy. So after work (stupid Saturday hours) I was able to get all the dogs out and run them silly. First I took Legend out alone and worked some agility. She's really starting to understand the difference in body language/arm position in terms of whether she should stay out and find the next jump or turn and come in to me. I have been able to start staying further away from her while doing this. So far I have not changed the arrangement of the jumps but eventually I will have to test her by moving them around. I have also been making her do the weave poles ahead of me-this has helped tremendously with her popping out at the last few poles. I guess it's because she doesn't see me right there getting ready to throw the toy? I have also started a little discrimination practice with the tunnel since she is having a problem sucking to the off course tunnels at trials. After we were done practicing everyone came out to play-even Barney!

Here's a cute shot of Zodiac from today. If you have been reading long enough, you know he hates posing for the camera so these good photos are always a treat (for me anyway, the rest of you may not care!)

Here are some cute shots I got of Sport today, he's still not sure what to do with all those other dogs running around. But at least he looks happier in these photos than the ones we took at the clinic when he was too scared to even move!










1 comment:

Sue said...

Looks like everyone had fun, even Barney.