Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome Facebook Readers

So, a very good friend talked me into joining Facebook as an easy way to keep in touch. Since it's free and easy and we live thousands (well at least one thousand for sure) of miles apart that seemed like a reasonable idea. After both Jerry and I signed up it became apparent that you could spend a lot of time messing around on there. It doesn't help that Facebook automatically searches your email to look for "friends" and then suggests you as a "friend" to anyone it thinks may know you and before long you are hearing about the lives of everyone you ever knew. I guess I could have not invited people but that seemed kind of rude? Cyberspace rudeness-who knew?

Anyway, since I already spend more than enough time writing and reading blogs I think I will need to be careful to limit my Facebook time. I like the blogging better. It's not so busy as the Facebook wall. So Kelly, if you're reading this, I'm doing Facebook mostly for you! Feel special (he-he)? As a bonus both Kelly and I are iPhone junkies and Facebook has a free app so we can use it anytime without plopping down in front of the computer. (I can blog from my phone too but it takes a little more effort to post on blogger than on FB using my phone). However, I was able to import my blog posts to Facebook so those of you that read Facebook but refuse to read blogs now have the best of both worlds. I do suggest clicking over to my actual blog page to get the full effect and see the rest of my photos, fun links and list of other cool blogs!

Technology is so time consuming! Happy reading!

No comments: