So on went the dark grey primer to prepare for the base coat of paint.
It will come as no surprise to those of you that know me that we painted the base color purple!
Then I added a layer of green sponge painting,
followed by a later of yellow/gold sponge painting to make it a little lighter and fit in with our purple/green/gold fixtures and artwork that we already had. Also our sink and tub are green.
The good news is I finished one room of the bathroom (it's a large area with a smaller separate area for the toilet and shower stall). The bad news is the small room is the one I finished. The worse news is the wallpaper is not coming off in the big room as easily as it did in the other room. So I am not very far into the big room yet.
And just so you know I have not been just painting and playing with Photoshop, the dogs have all worked several times this week! Everyone seems to be doing well, for what we can do indoors and Lyric is ready to start on some basic agility obstacles as soon as we get some nice weather!
I guessed purple, but I thought you might surprise me. It looks good so far.
I can't wait to see Lyric doing agility. Rob told me how little she is. I thought she was Lucy's size, but he says she's smaller.
Love the sponge painting, you are braver than I am though, I usually start with white or tan!!
I don't know what you are doing to take off the wallpaper, but if you are not using a steamer, go rent one. I could not believe how much easier the job was with a steamer.
Post a Comment